EMPTY CALORIE FOODS
EMPTY CALORIE FOOD
- What are empty calorie foods
- How to identify them
- Empty calorie foods to avoid
Eating food is essential but most times, the only food most people eat are foods that have no nutritional value whatsoever. And they are referred to as empty calories.
Most edible stuff people take in only contain solid and added sugars which are of no use to the body rather they increase our weight gain and at the same time make us suffer from nutritional defects
Do you doubt me? Okay let’s check.
How many times do you eat a day? Answer truthfully and honestly
What makes up your desserts or lunch most of the time?
You take at least one or two sodas a day right?
And after all that, do you workout?
Maybe you haven’t read why you gain weight, it would do you a lot of good to take a look at it. Empty calorie contributes to about 80 percent of why we gain weight and as such won’t be over looked in weight loss. A food might taste great but does not contain the nutrients your body needs the most.
HOW TO IDENTIFY EMPTY CALORIE FOODS
Empty calorie foods can be identified by reading the food label and checking if they contain added sugars, butter or lots of cholesterol.
- Avoid excessive intake of things like beverages, soda, alcohol, fruit drinks which contain lots of added sugar. It is often better to make your fruit drink yourself.
- Fast food like pizza, French fries, burger, milkshake. Always plan your own meals.
- Candy bars, hard candy bars and lots of ice cream. They mostly contain solid fats which only adds to body weight.